Saturday, September 10, 2005

The fake president leaves for UN meet tomorrow

From the Malaya:

PRESIDENT Arroyo leaves for New York Sunday evening for the UN Security Council meeting on Sept. 14 of which the Philippines holds the rotating chairmanship this month. She will return Sept. 17.

"Gusto kong pumunta sa United Nations baon ang maliwanag na mensahe na ang Pilipinas ay iisa at nagkakaisa. At meron tayong matatag na tahanan kaya karapat-dapat tayo sa paggalang ng buong mundo," she said.

Heh. Good one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you think there would be people power? I think it's just a photo op..her going to the UN..probably won't even get a chance to talk to Bush or whoever.

I like you blogs. I'll add you to my blog roll Turn on word verification so you don't get spam....bologna comments. :)

john marzan said...

Do you think there would be people power? I think it's just a photo op..her going to the UN..probably won't even get a chance to talk to Bush or whoever.

I like you blogs. I'll add you to my blog roll Turn on word verification so you don't get spam....bologna comments. :)


i think there's a 50-50 chance of people power. the other 50-50 is a military junta.

And I don't blame her allies for killing the impeachment before going to the UN. Her UN trip is a great opportunity to generate "good press". kaya nga marami na naman siya isinama na local "press" sa trip niya eh. they get a free trip, and GMA will get "good press".

and thanks for the tip lark.