Sunday, October 02, 2005

My blogs unbelievable jump in the Pinoy top blogs ranking

Wow, I'm currently ranked #8! And a few people are upset about it.

(me? I'm surprised by my high rankings)

Someone who claims to be Edgar Escudero posted this:

Reklamo ka nang reklamo ka tungkol sa Gloriagate, but on Pinoy top blogs, your blog rose in the ranks by over 80 points in ONE day.

That only means one thing, you clicked on your own site to increase your numbers. MANDARAYA KA RIN.

Do you have any proof that I did that, Edgar? My blog rose over "80 points" in one day? How did that happen? As of last week, my blog was around #38-39... yesterday (or was it 2 days ago?), my ranking jumped to #23, IIRC. So how can my blog jump up to 80 points in the rankings in one day? maybe pwede pa if you say na my blog jumped 30 points.

I think there is something wrong with Yugatech's blog rankings today. As of 8:20pm Oct. 2, my blog jumped 282 points! I think that's wrong.

Sassy Lawyer (currently ranked #5) was up by "51 pts." raw, even though she was already hovering around #3-#6 ranking! Mali rin yan.

And PCIJ blog (#4) was "up by 45 pts." Obviously wrong too!

Anyway, even I think the #8 ranking is too high (the #23 ranking I got yesterday seems about right), although I'm not complaining about it though, LOL...

But there's a lot of traffic on my blog lately. A lot of people seem to be interested in the search words: "Talumpati ni Manuel Roxas." I'm also getting a lot of referrals from technorati on NYT TimesSelect opinion columnists like "tom friedman", "nicholas kristof", "paul krugman", "maureen dowd..."

4 comments:

mell ditangco (this is my pseudonym) said...

hahahah

I suggest that you dont worry about the rankings too much. Yuga is not tracking on real time. The way Yuga is tracking is he would pick a random time and track for 5 minutes at a time. If it so happens that you have heavy traffic at the time then you get ranked high. so that explains the big jumps.

also, if you manage to stay at your ranking for a while, one can safely say that your blog traffic is consistently beating others.

One last point, the ranking is based on unique hits, that means even if you clike 20000000 times a day it wont help your ranking.

Hope this helps! :D

john marzan said...

thanks for the info, mell.

Anonymous said...

and the blogsite also scores high in google key word 'gloriagate'.

e di daya rin yan.
never mind the detractors, john.
inggit lang yon.
congratulations on running a good blogsite.

Anonymous said...

have a look at this it might help you out

http://www.milliondollarhero.com