Thursday, November 17, 2005

The Launching of Open Source Media

Hindi na po PajamasMedia. Open Source Media na sila.

Roger L. Simon announces that OSM's site is up and running. Judith Miller of the NYT is the keynote speaker.

Wretchard is in NY right now blogging about this event.

Dean Jorge Bocobo also talks about OSM and says Michelle Malkin is a neoconservative. I disagree.

Ang ibig sabihin ng Neocon ay "bagong Conservative," yes? Meaning mga dating liberals na nag-switch at naging conservative. Pero hindi naman democrat or liberal dati si Ms. Maglalang eh. She is a conservative on all key social issues, unlike a Bill Kristol or a Wolfowitz--the only thing "conservative" about them is that they are pro-War.

And here's a shocker: Manuel L. Quezon III (MLQ3) = Manolo Shoe Blogger. Wow, I did not know that Dean.

More DJB: Was this a Gutenberg moment?

UPDATE: All I can say is... WOW. After a few minutes of googling, now I know why DJB also called Quezon our own Andrew Sullivan.

Not all are enthusiastic about OSM though. Take this guy Dennis the Peasant for example. He used to be one of the founders of PajamasMedia. Now he's just bitter with everything about PajamasMedia/Open Source Media.

Here's a photo of Dennis visiting Roger L. Simon's house during happier times.

UPDATE: Here's some pics from the event. Now you have an idea who they are behind the blogs. I see Charles Johnson, Neo-neocon, Wretch, Roger, Austin Bay, Steven Vincent's widow, and Tim Blair.

"Open Source Media" is the top search on Technorati right now.

And here's another update from Belmont Club.

3 comments:

Deany Bocobo said...

Doggone John, IS it a secret? I thought there was an announcement with his picture on it?

Deany Bocobo said...

You know what? I could be completely WRONG. MayBE he isn't the Manolo! Come to think of it, I don't actually know that he IS the Manolo. Maybe I had the wrong info. It's all just chismis in the blogosphere. Roger Simon's article has put a ton load of doubt now in my mind about who the Manolo actually is.

john marzan said...

You know what? I could be completely WRONG. MayBE he isn't the Manolo! Come to think of it, I don't actually know that he IS the Manolo. Maybe I had the wrong info. It's all just chismis in the blogosphere. Roger Simon's article has put a ton load of doubt now in my mind about who the Manolo actually is.

Heh. ;)

(pahiram ng trademark comment mo ha, Glenn Reynolds.)