Friday, December 02, 2005

Pinay Raquel Gibson is Playboy's November 2005 Playmate

She looks okay in these galleries here and here (not work-safe). ;)

I learned about if from People's Insider:

DON'T look now, but do you that Playboy's latest Playmate of the Month is a Filipina?

Yes, indeed, the November 2005 Playmate of the top men's magazine is a Pinay. Her name is Raquel Gibson.

Raquel is only the second Pinay to make it to the internationally famous mag's centerfold. The first was Pia Reyes exactly 17 years ago -- that is, way back in November 1988.

The writeup which accompanies Ms. Gibson's 14-photo, 12-page (including the foldout) nude splash in the new issue of Playboy is titled "Raquel's World Party," subheaded "Globalization is a family thing for Miss November." It reads:

"When you have a family as large and culturally diverse as Raquel Gibson's, your passport soaks up more ink than a UN ambassador's. 'My mom is Filipino, and my dad is an Italian New Yorker,' she says. 'I'm the baby of the family -- the spoiled one -- and I have five siblings from the ages of 21 to 43. I have a niece who is actually older than I am, which menas I was an aunt before I was even born.' Although the 20-year-old has always called Florida home, she often jets to the Philippines and Japan, where her oldest sister and her family live. 'I'm fluent in Tagalog, which is a language of the Philippines, and I know a little Japanese,' she says. 'I want to learn Spanish, Portuguese, Italian -- I have a whole list!' As she enthusiastically tosses some Tagalog at us, we can't help but notice her resemblance to another exotic beauty. 'It's flattering to be told that I look like Jessica Alba,' she says. 'It started when Dark Angel came out. I don't watch much TV, so I said, "Who is Dark Angel? I'm a what?" I figured it out when she became better known. My friends say I should sign autographs when people ask if I'm her, but I couldn't get into that.'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you met Mercy Abad?