Sunday, February 12, 2006

Whit Stillman's Metropolitan now on DVD

After 15 years of wait, nandito na ang Metropolitan. Let me just say na isa ito sa pinakapaborito kong pelikula, even though I bet apat o lima lang ang nakapanood nito dito sa Pinas.

Sabi ng FilmThreat reviewer:

When I saw “Metropolitan”, either at 14 or 15 years old, there was a lot to think about, bordering on frustration. There was no way anyone could connect with these characters! They’re rich! They speak expensive words like “fourierism”! But was a movie bad simply because it was hard to like these characters or relate to them? Should a movie be afforded a chance based on that? Back then, after 45 minutes, I was eager for it to end.

That's how I felt too.

Now, with more years far behind me, there’s a different feeling toward “Metropolitan.”

Yup. Ten years later, I rented Metropolitan again, and this time naintindihan ko na siya. This time, na-appreciate ko na yung genius ni Whit Stillman. And I love all the characters in the movie, even the characters that are supposed to be "the bad guys." I just love listening to them talk about life, their problems, their kaaways, LOL...

I still watch Metropolitan from time to time. :)

If available na ang Metropolitan sa Dibidi, go get it.

No comments: