- GMA gots the diarrhea, and was rushed to the hospital.
- This is nice Ambassador Kenney, but not enough.
- Helga updates the Black and White movement blog. She and any others will be at the Batasan tonight to beat the hell out of Oliver Lozano (or his ilk) if he ever make an appearance to file his bogus impeachment complaint. God Bless you all.
- The Asia Blog Award 2006-2007 is now on. Here are the nominees for Best Philippine blog.
- How legislators voted on the death penalty before, and now. Sinong mga flip-floppers, at sinong hindi.
- A reunion of Erap's Midnight Cabinet? This one's for you, Wretch. ;)
- Lito Banayo: "Doña Gloria wants businessmen to stop paying 'revolutionary taxes' to the NPA. Businessmen retort: 'Can you protect us?'"
- Hello GArci lawyer up for judgeship:
President Arroyo’s 2004 poll payback hasn’t ended, as a Commission on Election (Comelec) officer who was reportedly mentioned in, and caught speaking with Mrs. Arroyo’s political operator on the wiretapped vote-rigging operations conversations between herself and former poll commissioner Virgilio Garcillano, has reportedly been recommended for a position as judge in a regional trial court.
Senate Minority Leader Aquilino Pimentel Jr. yesterday took note of this unending political payback as he called the attention of the Judicial and Bar Council (JBC) on what he insinuated was an impropriety on the part of the judicial council body to even consider the appointment to a judgeship of one lawyer Lintang Bedol.
Garcillano, in the tapped conversations, mentioned the name Bedol many times and in a conversation with one “Danny,” another poll operator, Garcillano was heard to say that he was just waiting for Bedol to fax him, referring to the poll fraud operations in Cotabato City, where Bedol was apparently tasked to work magic on the votes to favor Mrs. Arroyo.
Remember, Nene Pimentel was the first one to object to Virgilio Garcillano's appointment as COMELEC Commissioner by Arroyo dahil may reputasyon ito bilang isang dagdag bawas operator. And he was right to oppose that appointment. Now, Arroyo's allies at the JBC are trying to sneak in another corrupt official to another important position. When will these fools ever learn? And you expect us to beleive that Arroyo will be able to reform the COMELEC? Or to appoint credible people in office?
- Justice secretary Gonzalez bans Satur Ocampo from criticizing GMA, administration abroad:
Party-list Rep. Saturnino “Satur” Ocampo left yesterday despite having had a difficult time convincing Justice chief Raul Gonzalez and Immigration Commissioner Alipio Fernandez who both played hard ball in granting him permission to catch a last-minute flight to Europe where he is slated to attend a United Nations human rights conference and visit his fellow parliamentarians in Belgium.
He was given permission to leave only after extracting from Ocampo, and his wife Carolina Malay, a pledge that he would not criticize President Arroyo abroad for violations of human rights.
The couple, accompanied by their lawyer Neri Colmenares, turned up at the Ninoy Aquino International Airpoirt (NAIA) Terminal I around 5:30 p.m. yesterday to board Lufthansa Flight LH 789 bound for Geneva, Switzerland via Frankfurt, Germany, but were almost prevented from doing so by Immigration and NAIA officers who tried to implement the hold-departure order (HDO) against the congressman issued by Gonzalez last Thursday.
- Ang listahan ng "palakpak boys" na kasama ni Arroyo sa junket niya patungong Italy
Also joining the President are congressmen Juan Miguel Zubiri (Bukidnon), Ma. Amelita Villarosa (Occidental Mindoro), Eduardo Veloso (Leyte), Emmy Lou Talino-Santos (North Cotabato), Mary Ann Susano (Quezon City), Danilo Suarez (Quezon), Lorna Silverio (Bulacan), Rizalina Seachon-Lanete (Masbate), Victoria Reyes (Batangas), Herminia Ramiro (Misamis Occidental), Francis Nepomuceno (Pampanga), Roger Mercado (Southern Leyte), Hermilando Mandanas (Batangas), Uliran Joaquin (Laguna), Cecilia Jalosjos-Carreon ( Zamboanga del Norte), Del de Guzman (Marikina City), Arthur Defensor (Iloilo), Rodolfo Antonino (Nueva Ecija), Jesus Reynaldo Aquino ( Pampanga) and Rodolfo Albano III (Isabela).
Governors on board are Ben Evardone (Eastern Samar), Erico Aumentado (Bohol), Miguel Rene Dominguez (Saranggani), Adolph Edward Plaza (Agusan del Sur), Luis Raymund Villafuerte Jr. (Camarines Sur), Josephine dela Cruz (Bulacan) and Pax Mangudadatu (Sultan Kudarat).
Manila Mayor Joselito Atienza is also flying with Mrs. Arroyo.
"kill-impeach" at CHA CHA ang most likely na mga topics na paguusapan nila doon. Kasama rin si Manila Mayor Lito Atienza para pagusapan ang crowd dispersal tactics sa Maynila at paano ma-implement pa rin ang unconstitutional na CPR.
- Charles Krauthammer: "God, I Love Australia."
- "Islam's Ann Coulter."
- Roger Ebert has just added "The Shining" (1980, Kubrick) to his greatest movies list.
- Ayan, nagpakalbo na si Dirk.
Sunday, June 25, 2006