Okay. Noted. We'll take your advice under consideration... :rolleyes:
But for the Opposition, eto ang dapat nilang gawin para maging successful sila.
1) Make the ARroyo admin and their officials accountable.
2) Abolish the Pork Barrel system. I know it will gain support from the CBCP and the Business community. (Or maybe not? Since they (bishops, pro-arroyo businessmen) know the allocation of Pork is vital to Arroyo's political survival... which is more reason for the Opposition to scrap the system once and for all.)
3) Pursue a Zero Tolerance Approach to election fraud. Clean up the COMELEC of scalawags and dagdag bawas operators--WE KNOW they're still there. Then, once that is done, computerize our voting system. But we need to do a thorough COMELEC housecleaning first.
4) Depoliticize the Military. Military assets shouldn't be used to rig elections, spy on the opposition and arroyo critics, or help administration candidates and intimidate rival parties.
5) Get tough on Terrorism. But we need to check the Abuses of Arroyo's military on the extra judicial killings too. Our military shouldn't be using the same tactics the NPAs and Abu Sayyafs are using.
6) Amend the Constitution to allow a Presidential runoff kapag walang candidate na nakakuha ng more than 50% sa boto. Make the electing of Senators by regions too.
UPDATE: And we should amend the consti so that we vote for the President and VP as a team. Which means na if you voted for Arroyo for president in 2004, you'd be getting Noli for VP. If you voted for FPJ, you'd be voting for Loren as VP. (sa 1998, if you voted for Erap, then si Angara ang VP mo. If JDV, then si GMA ang VP). Gawin rin ito sa pagboto ng Governors-Vice Gov. and Mayors-Vice mayors.
yan lang ang gusto kong i-amend. None of that Parliamentary system nonsense.
It's a short list. Nothing grand. But doable. Kung magawa ito ng opposition, magiging successful ang tingin ng tao sa kanila.
UPDATE: eto naman ang mga suggestions ni Kuya MLQ3. natawa ako sa suggestion nya para maging independent prosecutor.
Eto raw ang gusto nyang baguhin sa Constitution:
I think the "presidential runoff" proposal is the only one that will get widespread approval.
Yeah, I'm in favor of changes in economic provisions within the consti. pero wag na muna yan. after 2010 na lang siya.
there are some people who thing the Constitution is broken and needs a complete overhaul. hindi ako pabor diyan. I'm not in favor of making any changes to the consti other than the runoff and voting for senators by region.