Thursday, August 16, 2007

De Quiros is wrong on this one

He thinks "Ang Kapatiran" will make a good "Opposition" party vs the evil Arroyo.

I don't know about that. Are they really opposed to Arroyo? if you read Martin Bautista's blogs, he avoids talking about ARroyo's Garci/legitimacy issue (not once did he call for arroyo's resignation). Actually, he avoids the arroyo issue in his blog as much as possible. I guess he doesn't see Maam as a problem. And not once did he address the issue of extrajudicial killings OR even the arrest of Satur in his blogs (nung in-arresto siya). Ganyan rin ang stance ng ibang Kapatiran partymates nya. tahimik lang sila dito. At least the opposition protested the arrest of satur and the assassinations of leftists.

I guess in CDQ's book, that makes Ang Kapatiran = "Opposition".

And his answer to my Arroyo question on whether she should resign was pretty disappointing. Nawalan na ako ng gana sa kanila after that. Para silang CBCP, unwilling to take a tough stand on Arroyo (unlike before). I kept the disappointment to myself, but i never blogged with much enthusiasm re Ang Kapatiran after that.

Even bautista-booster Baycas (the guy who asked me to support doc martin) was disappointed himself.

Anyway, I don't think CDQ is really that familiar with the Ang Kapatiran.

If you want to blame somebody on why the Oppo fragmented, blame the guy who pushed for collaboration with the Administration.

5 comments:

Prince Heinell said...

I think this is the Third Force all over again.

mlq3 said...

i'm not disappointed at all with bautista. i think if you look closely at his statements, including the ones he made on tv, he was in favor of impeachment and accountability. and he didn't hedge about it.

john marzan said...

manuel, winnie monsod and bong austero also supports impeachment as a tool for the anti-arroyo people to remove arroyo. Even GMA's allies in the House were daring the oppo to impeach arroyo. Doesn't mean they are sympathetic to arroyo's removal. they want the opposition to go thru the impeachment because they know have the numbers.

Anyway, not once did monsod, austero or bautista asked for arroyo's resignation. you say doc martin's for accountability on the hello garci issue. i'm not so sure about that.

john marzan said...

I was checking thru austero's old posts and found this:

Ricky asked what I thought about the assertion that extra-constitutional attempts to overthrow the government is justified considering that Congress itself has violated the constitution by throwing the impeachment case against GMA. I said that this was a matter of perspective. However, I said that while I myself am guilty of trashing Congress on some occasions (I have called them crocodiles in the past), the truth of the matter is that Congress also represents the best and the worst among us. Some of the best people in this country are in Congress and I refuse to believe that these people act like dumb driven cattle. I just do not buy the argument that everyone who voted against the impeachment did so on the basis of mere loyalty to GMA. I refuse to engage in mass repudiation of other people's honor and competence simply because I do not approve of some of their actions.

But granting for the sake of argument that Congress did fail on their solemn duty, I wondered why there is no call to abolish congress or to recall all the congressmen who voted against the impeachment.


Because the Arroyo administration were the ones driving the "Abolish the SEnate" movement to begin with, you frickin idiot!

john marzan said...

manuel, i am not against Ang Kapatiran btw. i still voted for bautista as my 12th senatorial choice.

I just don't see them the same way CDQ sees them.

I think "Ang Kapatiran" views on Arroyo are vastly different from mine (or CDQ's).