Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"My name is Bishop Soc from Balanga. I come here to help you, trust me,"

Read Bishop Socrates Villegas' role in the cover up of the Hello Garci scandal. Can you say "obstruction of justice."

But but... pero hindi ba ang official story ay "ni-rescue" si Vidal ni Soc Villegas from his "illegal detention" at the San Carlos Seminary? Hindi ba kakasuhan ng pulis si Samuel Ong at Bishop Bacani for "abducting" doble
and "illegally detaining" him at the seminary against mr. doble's will?

UDPATE: what a bizarro, orwellian world. yung mga taong nag-bigay pa ng protection at sanctuary kay Doble (like Ong and Bishop Bacani) ang naging masamang tao. Yung nag backstab naman kay Doble (Villegas) ang bida for turning over the whistleblower to the ISAFP agents.

More: Errmmm... hindi ba inakusahan rin ng gobierno dati si Harriet Demetriou at Rufus Rodriguez of kidnapping and detaining Rashma Hali?

More from the PDI article:

But Doble said he was later surprised when he was picked up by Bishop Socrates Villegas and brought to Camp Aguinaldo to the quarters of former Chief of Staff General Efren Abu.

“I saw my two children and my wife detained in the basement of General Abu’s quarters. This is why I didn’t continue my exposé on the Garci tapes,” Doble said in Filipino.

“My family was kept in custody from June 2005 to April 2006. I was there from June 2005 until I was discharged in February 2007. I did not reenlist.”

Kaya pala nag "Udong Mahusay" rin itong si Vidal. And read this informative post from Patsadakarajaw. Plus Ellen Tordesillas.

Here's the government's version of events.

Philippine bishop secures military intelligence man
MONDAY, JUNE 13, 2005 | RELIGION

MANILA, June 13 (PNA) – It took a military chopper to seek a man of the cloth in Balanga, Bataan.

Around 1:30 p.m. Monday, Bishop Socrates Villegas was able to "reunite" TSgt. Vidal Doble with his wife and two kids.

Until Villegas' arrival, military and police officials claimed that Doble was being "illegally detained" inside the San Carlos seminary in Makati City where whistle blower Samuel Ong had been holed up since Friday.

Going by Ong's pronouncements, Doble was the source of the taped conversation between President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo and Elections Commissioner Virgillo Garcillano purportedly suggesting operations to rig the May 2004 elections.

Policemen and military forces have surrounded the seminary complex after Doble's wife allegedly filed a complaint that her husband was being held against his will inside the compound.

"My name is Bishop Soc from Balanga. I come here to help you, trust me," came Villegas' words upon seeing a "distressed" Doble inside the complex.
In reply, Doble asked how his children were doing and moments later, was able to talk to his wife over the phone.

After a little while, Doble was whisked off along with Villegas to a waiting vehicle which would take them to Camp Aguinaldo and meet Armed Forces chief Gen. Efren Abu.

At a news conference, officials said Doble requested to take a rest before speaking to the media. Since when and how Doble entered the compound, officials would not disclose. Doble was being kept in an undisclosed safehouse.

"That is the subject of our investigation. As of now, Doble is not saying anything," said military deputy chief Lt. Gen. Edilberto Adan.

The Police Anti-Crime and Emergency Response (PACER) and the National Anti-Kidnapping Task Force (NAKTF) will investigate to determine who would be charged over the alleged "illegal detention," said Chief Supt. Leopoldo Bataoil, National Police spokesman.

Villegas said he did not ask Doble if he was being detained at the seminary. "I think that will be inconsiderate of me."

"When I saw him [Doble], I saw he was so, so distressed," Villegas said. "I just assured him that he's safe with me."

"You are now safe. I will answer for you," he added in Filipino.

When asked if people inside the seminary were preventing Doble from leaving, the bishop said: "None. I think he was allowed to move freely."

Earlier in the day, Ong and Bishop Teodoro Bacani disclosed that Doble was not held against his will. (PNA)


Previous:

- How Gangsters Operate

1 comment:

manuelbuencamino said...

Your archives are a gold mine.