Monday, March 16, 2009

My Wishlist for the Cine Europa 2009 at the Shang

UPDATE: Here's the official schedule of Cine Europa 12

I hope the EU will screen these movies for their 12th Cine Europa at the Shangri-la Plaza:

France: Entre Les Murs (The Class)

Sweden: Let the Right One In (2008) OR Fyra nyanser av brunt (2004) both films by Tomas Alfredson

Germany: The Edge of Heaven

Austria: Revanche (trailer)

Belgium: Ben X (trailer)

Denmark: The Art of Crying

Italy: Gomorra or La sconosciuta

Netherlands: Dunya and Desi

Norway: O'Horten

Portugal: Aquele Querido Mês de Agosto

Czech Republic: I Served the King of England (trailer)

Finland: A Man's Work (trailer) (images)

Iceland: Jar City

Hungary: Taxidermia

Romania: 4 Months, 3 Weeks, 2 Days

Spain: The Orphanage

3 comments:

Febbe said...

nice. very nice choices. i particularly want to see "the class".

i hope they spread the word enough when they're showing. i missed the french film fest here in cebu. lol! or i was just not informed enough. anyhow.. i have to know!! =)

john marzan said...

thanks febbe. i hope the guys doing cine europa 12 follows my recommendations.

Febbe said...

Hey give a heads up if you hear anything.. It'll be much appreciated. =)

I love these film festivals here. Because its so rare. I wanna show my support so that they'll keep coming back.