NOVALICHES Bishop Antonio Tobias yesterday asked President Estrada to forgive the Catholic Church for its role in the EDSA 2 people power revolt in 2001 that forced him out from power.
"I hope you have come to terms with us bishops and priests," Tobias said in his homily in a mass at the St. Peter’s Parish church in Quezon City in honor of Estrada’s 69th birthday...
Tobias in a press conference with the Kilusang Makabansang Ekonomiya, an organization advocating economic reform, said his apology was for the hurt inflicted on Estrada.
He said he still holds that the bishops and people were right in staging Edsa 2.
Heh. He also said people power will always remain an option.
But this comment is interesting too, from CBCP president Angel Lagdameo:
In a statement, the Catholic Bishops Conference of the Philippines said it has nothing to apologize for to Estrada.
CBCP president Archbishop Angel Lagdameo said Tobias was just being considerate to Estrada since it was his birthday.
Lagdameo said the CBCP did not issue any official statement against Estrada and his decision to leave Malacañang in 2001 was his own.
Oh C'mon Mr. Lagdameo, you know the CBCP and Cardinal Sin's position were for Erap's resignation.
Haven't you heard of Google, sir?
So what are you trying to say, Archbishop Lagdameo? Na hindi involved ang Simbahan sa Edsa Dos? Who are you trying to fool, sir? So now you're washing the CBCP's role in edsa dos? Ano ito, lokohan? Revisionist history?
- When dead people's names start showing up in this so-called "People's Initiative" ni Arroyo, then may problema tayo, peeps.
- Jester-in-Exile, who was at the Iblog2, has a long post about it. Good read, Jester. Maganda rin itong kay Susan Ople.
Read this too Iblog2 roundup from Quezon Tres.
- Manuel Viloria has a video of Dean J. Bocobo making a comment at IBLOG2.
- Photos, photos, and more Photos at FREE EXPRESSION IN AN ASIAN CYBERSPACE by Jove.
- Howard Kurtz on my main man Brit Hume of Foxnews.