Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I blog so I will not forget

Kapag nagblo-blog ako, I usually write long posts or comment about politics. But sometimes, I tend to just do a roundup (link and quote articles from other newspapers and blogs) with little or no comments at all.

Sabi sa akin ni Dean Jorge Bocobo dati na I should just concentrate more on writing original stuff and leave the Daily dish roundups to Manolo quezon and Instapundit. I agreed with Dean dati kasi I also thought na yung quality ng mga postings ko ay palala ng palala, na puro linking at quoting na lang ang ginagawa ko. And I'm doing a poor imitation of MLQ3's Daily Dose.

Pero na-realize ko later na may purpose pala yung mga roundups na yan. Kasi you have to understand na hindi reliable para sa akin ang google at yahoo sa pag retrieve ng mga really old articles na "negative" sa arroyo administration. Lalo na yung mga articles ng Tribune at Malaya. OTOH, in my experience, mas mabilis hanapin yung mga old "positive" articles sa Arroyo admin.

Ito rin yung napansin ni MLQ3, according to Jove:

Manolo chronicled the blog movement during Gloriagate (thanks for the mention MLQ3!), and used the timeline as proof to the claim made by some observers that last year was the year of blogging in the Philippines. After his talk, I told him in jest that the title of his talk: “Tag Teaming Against the President” is a good book title. Hehehe. He then reminded me of this idea for a book that he’s been suggesting kina Sheila. Pwede. Manolo also raised this issue about “lost entries” in cyberspace. He discovered kasi when he was looking for definitive pinoy blog entries during Gloriagate that some important entries/sites are now “mahirap hanapin”. Sabagay, history din yun na dapat i-preserve.

Kaya ang ginagawa ko minsan, I just post all the relevant and important articles (that I have a feeling na hahanapin ko ulit) sa blog ko, and I rely on Technorati to search for the old articles when the need arises.

So parang ginawa ko nang repository of information about the ARroyo administration yung Philippine Politics 04, kasi mas mabilis hanapin yung mga lumang Tribune at articles at ibang blogposts kung ni-link ko siya sa blog ko. And if the link is dead, at least I can use Wayback Machine to retrieve a cached version of it.

UPDATE: Obvious ba na I really don't trust Google or Yahoo to "remember" and find these anti-Arroyo articles? Hehe...

No comments: