Saturday, October 28, 2006

This is how they voted

From the PDI editorial:

Cliff-hanger

The others who also voted to junk the petition were Associate Justice Antonio Carpio (the ponente), and Associate Justices Angelina Sandoval-Gutierrez, Ma. Alicia Austria-Martinez, Conchita Carpio Morales, Romeo J. Callejo Sr. and Adolfo S. Azcuna.

Those who dissented along with Puno were Associate Justices Leonardo A. Quisumbing, Renato C. Corona, Dante C. Tinga, Minita V. Chico-Nazario, Cancio C. Garcia and Presbitero J. Velasco Jr.

With Santiago’s vote, the count reached a cliff-hanging 7-7 by the time Panganiban was asked for his vote, the source said.

(In the high court, the most junior are asked to vote first, with the Chief Justice voting last. This protocol is to ensure that the Chief Justice’s decision does not influence the junior associate justices.)

“So you could say that although Panganiban made the final swing vote, Santiago set the stage for it,” the source said.

So, kung titignan natin yung mga members ng Supreme Court, si justice presbitero velasco ang pinaka junior, next si Garcia, Chico-Nazario, Tinga, Azcuna, Callejo, Carpio Morales, Corona, Austria Martinez, Tony Carpio, Sandoval Gutierrez, Ynarez Santiago, Quisumbing, Puno and CJ Panganiban.

So Velasco voted first for P.I. 0-1

next si Garcia for P.I. 0-2

then Chico-Nazario for P.I. 0-3

then Tinga for P.I. 0-4 (shocks, nakakatakot naman ito!)

then Azcuna vs. P.I. 1-4 (FINALLY!)

then Callejo vs. P.I. 2-4

then Carpio Morales vs. P.I. 3-4

then Corona for P.I. 3-5

then Austria Martinez vs. P.I. 4-5

then Tony Carpio vs. P.I. 5-5

then Sandoval Gutierrez vs. P.I. 6-5

then Ynares Santiago vs. P.I. 7-5

then Quisumbing for P.I. 7-6

then Puno for P.I. 7-7

and finally CJ Panganiban vs. P.I. 8-7.

Fin.

No comments: