(UPDATE: Thanks, Manuel)
Gusto ko sanang ipagpatuloy ang pag discuss ng mga issues na dapat gamitin ng Opposition sa 2007 elections, but I was distracted by the delayed composition ng Senate slate (kasalanan ni Joker ito), and other issues that demanded immediate attention.
So continuation ito ng mga posts ko dito, dito at dito.
1) Make Arroyo and Garci accountable. I know it's difficult for some people, but it must be done. We need to do the right thing. If we let her get away with it, I see no end to the divisions and political instability even after 2010.
2) A Zero Tolerance Approach to Cheating. It's a two-step process. First, reform the COMELEC and do a thorough housecleaning within the Election commission of all those involved in the dagdag bawas operations of 2004, and those who helped lie and coverup for those guilty COMELEC officials. Second, automate our voting system. But we need to do the COMELEC housecleaning first.
3) Depoliticize the military and investigate and punish all personnel involved in:
- helping Arroyo and Garci conduct Dagdag bawas operations in 04.
- extra-judicial killings
- wiretapping/spying on opposition and admin officials
- Corruption (it aint just carlos garcia, folks)
Re sa extra-judicial killings, sayang si Randy David dito. His candidacy would have turned the spotlight on the issue of military assassinations against the activists and lefty critics of Arroyo.
I do believe that most in the military are honest and trustworthy, like Gudani and Balutan, but around 30% of them are corrupt, and most of them were high ranking military officers appointed by Arroyo after Edsa Dos. It's a joke na si Gen. Carlos Garcia lang ang nahuli (ng US).
(re Trillanes, I don't agree with his methods, but he was right on the issues. He was in a way, a whistleblower to the corruption that's going on within Arroyo's military, and I'm glad that he has chosen a different path by participating in the political process.)
Tungkol naman sa ISAFP. We may need to abolish this highly politicized spy organization and replace it with something less partisan.
4) Get tough on terrorism, without becoming monsters ourselves. We need to go after the bad guys, not our critics. Kasi kapag pinapatay mo naman yung mga student activists at mga party list critics mo sa Kaliwa, abe e, mali yan. The Military needs to be able to distinguish between the killing real terrorists (yes) and assassinating Arroyo's critics from the left (Big NO!).
5) Pursue strong and friendly US relations, but we must be willing to stand up and defend citizens against potential abuse from American personnel and officials. Hindi yung katulad ng nangyari kay Nicole, where our own Gov't even tried to sabotage her rape case.
to be continued tomorrow...