Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Voting Straight for the Opposition

Sabi ni Ellen:

I’m not sold on Pangilinan and Coseteng. But okay lang yun. I will just support 8.

Sabi ni Schumey:

We don’t actually need to vote for the 12, let’s support who we feel are the deserving ones.

I respect their opinions, but I myself will vote straight for the Opposition. Not a single administration or Arroyo candidate. It's my protest vote. MLQ3 is voting all opposition too, including shaiman and cvj.

I think the Opposition tried it's best to expand it's tent and include as many diverse candidates as possible. the opposition is not as well funded (taxpayer funded) as the administration, and they don't have as much access to gov't jets and helicopters during the campaign. but they did a good job of presenting a better set of candidates than the administration.

I believe this election is about sending a message. it's about hello garci. It's about accountability and changing the culture of corruption and pork barrel politics in Malacanang. Sending 7 or more Opposition bets is nice, but i'd rather send them all to the senate and shut out the administration.

And yes, unless kiko says something REALLY STUPD during the campaign, i'd rather have pangilinan there than defensor or recto.

if UNO manages to get many of it's bets elected, including pangilinan, trillanes, and osmena, it's get partial credit for that. and that would also mean one less candidate for the "United Arroyo" team.

So i'll vote for all of them come election day.

Benigno Aquino III
Allan Peter Cayetano
Anna Dominique Coseteng
Francis Escudero
Panfilo Lacson
Loren Legarda
John Osmeña
Francis Pangilinan
Aquilino Pimentel III
Sonia Roco
Antonio Trillanes IV
Manuel Villar, Jr.

4 comments:

mschumey07 said...

John,

Sorry if I did not email you about my choices. Here is what I sent our friends in the blogsphere.

"Hi pips,

I may be bending my principles regarding how I will vote. I will vote for all of UNO's candidates. I believe that we need to give the bansot a good whacking. I will not drop any of the opposition's candidates and allow entry of any of the bitch's minions. This elections will be about the numbers, I may account for only one vote but a vote could make a lot of difference."

Thanks, Schumey

I apologize if I will turn a blind eye, even for this instance. I hope you all understand. They need all the votes they can get.

samaritan2001 said...

not all opposition candidates are good.

i will vote most of them but except the candidates with out principles like:

Mr Noted - Kiko Pangilinan

Bading - Osmeña nakakabit lagi sa Tatay.

Villar - He is good but is Turncoat (Balimbing) Ayaw magdeclare kung saan talaga sya

Niki Coseteng - babalik na naman eh wala naman nagawa yan maganda

I go for the following

1. Trillanes
2. Honasan
3. Chiz Escudero
4. Loren Legarda
4. Peter Cayetano
5. Joker Aroyo. (Hayaan na natin yan kung admin man yan. Pinagtatanggol nya naman ang tama.
6. Ping Lacson although na masyadong nagmamadali magpresidente

Yan lang. La na ako nagugustuhan pa.
pagaaralan ko pa ang iba dyan

john marzan said...

thanks for clarifying schums.

mschumey07 said...

No problem John, we need to unite and give the Pidals a good kick in the butt.

Joker unceremoniously closed the Jose Pidal investigation. He did not defend what is right but the entire country. He is forever indebted to the Pidals because El Esposo bankrolled his senatorial bid before.